Monday 2 August 2021

The greatest quotes about winning from famed sportsmen

Here is a great list of memorable sports quotes about winning and losing, curated by the Voxency review team.

1. Vince Lombardi

“Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

2. Bobby Knight

“The key is not the will to win… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”

3. Michael Jordan

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

4. Knute Rockne

“Show me a gracious loser and I’ll show you a failure.”

5. Wilma Rudolph

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.”

6. Muhammad Ali

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'”

7. Paul Brown

“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

8. Billie Jean King

“A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.”

9. Paul Bryant

“Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything that comes in second.”

10. Vin Scully

“Losing feels worse than winning feels good.”

11. George Steinbrenner

“Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.”

12. Morgan Wootten

“You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.”

13. Jackie Robinson

“It kills me to lose. If I’m a troublemaker, and I don’t think that my temper makes me one, then it’s because I can’t stand losing. That’s the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first.”

14. Pat Riley

“A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.”

15. Art Rooney

“The biggest thrill wasn’t in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday.”

For more adventure and sports content to get your heart pumping, check out Voxency today.

No comments:

Post a Comment